Saturday, 30 July 2011

60% Banana


THIS is me, many years ago, making a fool of myself in the centre of Birmingham. I've made a fool of myself in a similar manner several times since, including in a student newspaper that is also archived in the British Library.



Now, inspired in part by these deeds and in honour of my birthday*, my friend Phil has created some rather splendid t-shirts over at his Evilflea SpreadShirt shop. All profits go to The Hoja Project, an educational charity working in Tanzania. If you can, it would be great if you could support him and the charity by buying one of these marvellous garments, or as Phil puts it:
We puny humans share 60% of all our DNA with the mighty banana. I think this needs to be more widely known.



*this is not at all a coincidence

This woman is a bit more than 60% banana (organic, too):

No comments: